December 13, 2010
Stars of YouTube 2010 revealed.
LONDON. Monday 13th December 2010: ‘Gap Yah’ – a satirical sketch which parodies the student gap year has been named as the biggest homegrown comedy hit of 2010 on YouTube in their annual rundown of the most popular videos of the year.
Cher Lloyds X factor Audition was the most viewed talent show clip in Britain whilst Justin Bieber’s promotional video for the single ‘Baby’ was the single most viewed clip in the UK in 2010.
This year, more than 13 million hours of video — approximately 1,500 years worth of viewing — were uploaded to YouTube and more than 700 billion videos were viewed via the site. Every minute during 2010 more than 35 hours of footage was uploaded on the site. YouTube’s official Year-End 2010 Lists released today; highlight the YouTube videos that have proved most popular with UK viewers over the last twelve months.
“More than ever in 2010 YouTube was a hub of creativity, a hive of hilarity and the place for people to share their passions and entertain themselves online,” said Anna Bateson, Director of Marketing, YouTube UK. “This year’s top videos lists give us a glimpse at the tremendous growth YouTube has experienced as a company and as an online community in 2010.”
Britain’s top comedy videos of 2010 (based on UK views)
1. Gap Yah
5. Fascinating Aida – Cheap Flights
Most Viewed X Factor/Britain’s Got Talent Videos of 2010 (UK views only)
1. Cher Lloyd’s X Factor Audition (Full Version) – itv.com/xfactor
2. Gamu Nhengu’s X Factor Audition – itv.com/xfactor
3. Tobias Mead – Britain’s Got Talent 2010 – Auditions Week 1
4. Ablisa’s X Factor Audition (Full Version) – itv.com/xfactor
5. Cher Lloyd’s X Factor boot camp challenge (Full Version) – itv.com/xfactor
6. Cher Lloyd This Morning Interview! The X Factor 2010 Audition Keri Hilson Turn My Swag On Soulja Boy
7. Twist and Pulse – Britain’s Got Talent 2010 – Auditions Week 5
8. Matt Cardle sings Just The Way You Are – The X Factor Live show 2 – itv.com/xfactor
9. Cher Lloyd Liar, Fraud & Unoriginal
10. Spellbound – Britain’s Got Talent 2010 – Auditions Week 2
Most Viewed Videos in the UK
1. Justin Bieber – Baby ft Ludacris
2. Eminem – Love The Way You Lie
4. B.o.B – Airplanes (Feat. Hayley Williams of Paramore)
6. Katy Perry feat Snoop Dogg – California Gurls Official Music Video
7. Cher Lloyd’s X Factor Audition (Full Version) – itv.com/xfactor
8. Travie McCoy: Billionaire ft. Bruno Mars
9. Jason Derulo – Ridin’ Solo (Official Video in HD)
10. Katy B – Katy On A Mission
Lee Hunter – Head of Consumer and Partner Marketing for YouTube and Anna Bateson, Director of Marketing, YouTube UK are available for interview.
Press Contact Taylor Herring PR – 0208 206 5151